You can enable render notifications to get informed when your background renderings have finished. smartRender offers two render notifications which can be enabled independently from each other: visual notifications and acoustic notifications.
To enable the notifications, open smartRender’s settings window by navigating to your menu bar and choosing: cragl->smartRender->settings. In here you can enable/ disable:
1) show render notification: If this checkbox is set, a notification window will pop up. The notification window is documented below in the Render notifications window section.
2) render finished sound: Play a sound when the rendering is finished. If set to no sound then there will be no notification sound.
You can also put your own .WAV sound files into the sounds directory of the smartRender plugin and choose your own custom sounds to play when the rendering is finished.
The Render notifications window¶
When a rendering is finished you will get a render notifications window that lets you choose the following actions:
1) open render directory: Click to open the render directory as it is set in the job’s write node’s file knob.
2) insert as read node: Click to insert the rendering as a read node into your DAG.
3) show log: Click to show the job log window for this finished job.
To enable/ disable the render notifications open the smartRender settings via cragl->smartRender->settings. In the upcoming window enable/ disable show render notification to your needs.